[Lazarus] Ok I give up!

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Mar 2 18:05:01 CET 2013

On 3/2/2013 07:54, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> What is *not* clear, to the OP and many other users, that the required
> functionality is *not* found directly in TMemo, but resides in a property
> (.Lines) of it. In such cases code completion is of little help :-(

this is what i was going to write but you said it better than i could have...
this has been the biggest problem i've faced in trying to move to this
environment as well as learning the new routines and capabilities... it seems
like every time i start digging about for a way to do something, i find that
another of my self-built library tools i've used for years is already
included... it seems that the more i dig, the less i need my own tools...

but back to the above, yes... i wanted to do something similar as the OP, too...
you'd think that memo.savetofile and memo.loadfromfile would be a natural thing
and it would automatically do what needed to be done...