[Lazarus] Help with... help!

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 18:19:40 CET 2013

On 2-3-2013 17:51, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 3/2/2013 00:20, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> Anybody else interested in getting F1 to show the offline help if
>> context-sensitive help is not appropriate?
>
> i followed a wiki page that the help points to... the only thing i'm not
> sure of is why it doesn't get built automatically when i update from SVN
> and build... i'll be working on something and then hit the F1 key and
> realize that the help stuff is being built... weird...

The only thing that is built once is the lhelp executable. Having lhelp
built when doing a make all or a lazbuild bigide would make sense IMO,
yes, but is different from the issue I linked to.
<ad>
fpcup builds it for you ;)...
</ad>
... but if you're using shell/batch scripts it's easy enough to do so, too.

>> I've gotten partway there but need some help:
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23411
>
> or... maybe i've misunderstood your goal above?

I think so, yes. I'm interested in getting a menu item that shows Help
(not just Online Help) and having an F1 press result in getting lhelp
with the table of contents/index/whatever up so a user can peruse the
help - unless he's pressing F1 on an identifier, in which the current
context-sensitive help can pop up as usual.