[Lazarus] Opening a file with spaces in the filename (again)

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:38:50 CET 2013

On 5-3-2013 19:26, Bart wrote:
> On 3/5/13, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/opendocument
>
> I took the liberty to slightly alter the text.

Mmm, I don't really understand this part:

Also on Windows, opening a file using the file:// URI scheme may fail if
there are spaces in the filename. This is unfortunately system and
browser dependant. On "modern" Windows (XP and later) it may help to
enclose the entire string in double quotes: "file://some file.htm",
whereas this will fail on Win9x systems.

The article discusses opendocument, not openurl!?!? Why would you pass
file://whatever in an opendocument call?