[Lazarus] History Window?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Mar 7 13:19:57 CET 2013

On 07/03/2013 10:45, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I accidentally pressed Ctrl+Alt+H and it brought up a History window.
> See attached image. Pressing F1 didn't bring up any help (using Lazarus
> 1.0.6).
>
> What is that window used for?

F1 should bring you to the wiki
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Debug_History

The debugger keeps track of the last 25 times the app stopped. (e.g.
breakpoint, finished step).
This allows you to view stack, watches etc, as they were then. However,
only if you stopped long enough to allow evaluation. If you immediately
step again, then not all watches are evaluated.

There is also a breakpoint, that will not stop, but take a snapshot. So
if you have a focus sensitive app, you can collect all data, and later
review it.

Finally, it has an export, so you can send your debug session to a
fellow developer. (Though there is an issue with clicking stack entries,
as pathes are not yet adjusted)