[Lazarus] Free-pascal question

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 14:20:24 CET 2013

On 2013-03-07 12:33, Michael Schnell wrote:
> While fpc officially does support Cross compiling, it is no especially
> easy to get it working (see the appropriate Wiki articles)

All it takes is a bit of practice with the installation.

Alternatively, use CodeTyphon
[http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/codetyphon]. CodeTyphon is
a repackaged FPC & Lazarus with lots of cross-compiling options all
built-in, plus every component you could ever wish for. It is like the
"Studio version" of Lazarus. :) Quite impressive actually.

> Lazarus uses gdb for debugging. If you don't use an OS (such as Linux)
> on the target, you can't use the GNU created gdb "receiver" (either gdb
> or gdbserver).

You could also debug using a debugserver and the dbugintf unit included
with FPC. Making it communicate over TCP shouldn't be too hard, and is
on my todo list. FPC includes a rudimentary console debug server, and
LCL and fpGUI versions also exist, which are much better.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/