[Lazarus] Memo.Lines.BeginUpdate

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Mar 8 21:35:11 CET 2013

Al 08/03/13 15:35, En/na Martin ha escrit:

> I don't know in case of a TMEmo, but I guess there will be similar
> reasons.  Consider that with a SynEdit.

FWIW (and somewhat tangential to this topic) I was using TMemo to show
events like this:

IF LogMemo.Lines.Count>5000 then
  LogMemo.Lines.Delete(0);
LogMemo.Lines.Add(NewMessage)

Until I found out that, under windows, it was dog slow.
I switched from TMemo to TSynMemo and the above is an order of magnitude
faster.
Under Linux-gtk I saw no noticeable difference between the two.
That was with 0.9.30, didn't re-test with later versions.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es