[Lazarus] Fixes 2.6.2 cod breaks 2.6.0 code?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:42:04 CET 2013

On 14 March 2013 14:08, Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2013-03-14 11:11, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
>>>   GCache.ClientHeight := GCache.ClientHeight - (DefaultRowHeight *
>>>     FooterRowCount + 2);
>>
>> ... which is sort of more readable than Dec() construct Frank was using,
>> (but it is IMO&TMV only) ...
>
> [personal opinion]
> I agree fully. I don't really like Dec(), Prev() etc methods.

Functions like Dec, Succ, Inc have a role because they may reflect the
domain better. For instance if you are iterating over an array where
elements are referenced by an integers, +1, +2 etc give the impression
your program involves number arithmetic, where as Next and Prev, or
even Another means your function is iterating over an as yet
unprocessed element of your set. The fact that the element accessing
constructs map onto numbers is wholly incidental.

--
Frank Church