[Lazarus] Exit Status of Lazarus App

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Mar 21 22:01:07 CET 2013

On 3/21/2013 15:03, David Copeland wrote:
> As an aside, I have discovered that if you use FpSystem to run a Lazarus
> App, the exit code returned is multiplied by 256 (or mishandled
> somehow), Eg. 1 =>  256, 13 =>  3328, etc. However when run using TProcess
> the exit code is returned correctly.

check the code for FpSystem and you might find that it has its own exit codes in
the 0 thru 255 range... to keep the two processes from interfering with each
other, one takes the lower and the other's are incremented by 256... i've seen
this used in numerous places... i have even implemented it in years past... the
hardest part is remembering which set of 256 belongs to what set of code...