[Lazarus] IUnknown and reference counting

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 01:49:36 CET 2013

On 2013-03-21 17:46, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Thanks for giving me insight into the crippled implementation of
> interfaces in FPC :-]

Sorry, but you seem very confused. The default Interfaces "style" used
by FPC is the COM-style interfaces. 100% compatible with Delphi. So I
really do not see your problem.

 IUnknown & IInterface    -> Exactly the same as Delphi
 TInterfacedObject        -> Exactly the same as Delphi

To use CORBA-style interfaces, you need to explicitly tell the compiled
to do so, via the {$interfaces corba} directive.

I use plenty of projects that use Interfaces, and that code is shared
verbatim between Delphi and FPC. Just take a look at the tiOPF project.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/