[Lazarus] embed git version info

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 23:19:50 CET 2013

On 2013-03-27 17:59, Sven Barth wrote:

>> const
>>   cGitRevision = '{$revision.inc}';
>
> This won't work, because the string takes precedance over the directive.

Probably why my original version build script generates the whole line
with identifier.

What about the following...

 const
   cGitRevision = '''' + {$revision.inc} + '''';

Or are expressions not allowed in constant declarations either? Anyway,
I think we gave enough hints for the original poster to find a suitable
solution. I was never pro to spoon-feeding programmers. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/