[Lazarus] embed git version info

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 11:30:43 CET 2013

On 2013-03-28 09:19, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Another approach- which I use for svn- is to generate the version string
> with quotes.

My first reply suggested that, but Xiangrong didn't like the idea of
platform specific scripts.

> I'm sure somebody wants to tell us that MSEide handles
> them without complaint.

That goes without saying. ;-)  But MSEide isn't perfect either. Session
information mixed with project settings, and the solution is a bit of a
pain to use. It doesn't officially support 64-bit system (though it does
work under Linux), and it doesn't work at all under FreeBSD. :-/

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/