[Lazarus] embed git version info

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 11:41:09 CET 2013

On 2013-03-28 05:57, Xiangrong Fang wrote:

> I thought {$I revision.inc} is similar as {$I %DATE%}, but apparently they
> have different semantic.

>From the Free Pascal Programmer's Guide (section 1.1.41), there are 9
hard-coded compiler values that can be used in the format %xxx%. If it
is not any of those 9 hard-coded values, it is assumed to be an
environment variable, and will go fetch the value of that. If the
environment variable doesn't exist, an empty string is inserted.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/