[Lazarus] GetAllFilesMask / AllFilesMask

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Wed May 1 12:28:52 CEST 2013

Am 2013-04-29 20:04, schrieb Bart:
 > User supplies SomeMask
 > FileSearcher does FF/FN with AllFilesMask and filters output with SomeMask.

But wasn't the original problem that AllFilesMask was wrong on Windows? So no matter what SomeMask would be, some files were missing.

 > It currently is the only way to do a filesearch with multiple masks ('*.jpg;*.png;*.bmp').

But this means that the underlying OS will never see the mask that the programmer has given. Mask matching would be completely done by some FP internal routines. So no matter what I know about OS specific mask handling, it would not apply here. I need to know FP specific mask handling.

 > It can only be "really" fixed if we have a different Matches function.
 > But even then, the results may differ across Windows versions (as
 > explained earlier).

I don't understand. Before you wrote that FP is using the AllFilesMask and then filters further internaly. Now you say that the outcome would be different on different OS's.