[Lazarus] Android and network

Kjow antispammoni at gmail.com
Wed May 22 15:31:27 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying Android development on Lazarus and it seems to works almost well
(of course apps run very slowly) and I'm trying to get something trough web.

Both lnet and synapse can compile for arm-android, but no one can connect
to the web.

On AndroidManifest.xml I have the line:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />

The same project compiles and runs well (also lnet or synapse connection)
on x86_64-win64

This is the simple code that I run:

var
  HTTP: THTTPSend;
begin
  HTTP := THTTPSend.Create;
  try
    HTTP.HTTPMethod('GET', Edit1.Text);
    Memo1.Lines.Assign(HTTP.Headers);
    Memo2.Lines.LoadFromStream(HTTP.Document);
  finally
    HTTP.Free;
  end;
end;

There are "tricks" to use these components or it is just not possible at
now?

Thank you,
Kjow