[Lazarus] TextHeight in Console App

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu May 16 12:40:16 CEST 2013

Flávio Etrusco schrieb:

> Is it a design decision that "NoGUI does not do much more than satisfy
> some open externals when linking a Lazarus based project" or is it
> just lack of manpower?

AFAIR NoGui was invented for writing (Windows) services, which have to
process messages, but do not provide any GUI. Dunno how such server
applications work on other platforms.

When FPC provides the required elements (message queues, timers...), I
see no need for another implementation in Lazarus, in detail one which
implements a message queue different from the FPC implementation. But I
may be wrong here, never wrote such applications myself for multiple
platforms.

DoDi