[Lazarus] porting delphi project code

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed May 22 00:35:03 CEST 2013

On 5/21/2013 15:58, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Does Lazarus trunk compile with FPC 2.6.0?

it has been for me... at least up to the revision i gave previously... i've not
updated in a few weeks, though...

> Anyway it is not a problem.
> Try a test GUI app with one button. Do you get the errors then?

i ran the example dialogues code and it worked just fine... i did that before
writing my previous posts...

> The converter does not create errors about missing standard units.
> Something else causes it.

i understand that... i just don't know why it couldn't find those units and why
telling it to comment them out did not result in them being commented out...
yes, i elected to leave the converted files open in the editor and i looked at
every one of them specifically for this as well as a need to translate russian
language comments to english...

so if this is a path problem, what, exactly, should the base paths be in what
files so that i can check this installation and fix them?? i did tell lazarus to
rescan the FPC directory using the menu option but that didn't help this problem...