[Lazarus] Program version

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Wed Nov 6 13:39:30 CET 2013

Hi Folks.

Currently I can extract any Windows program version as far as it has
been compilerd on a Win platform using either Delphi or Lazarus.
I can do the same on a Linux program on a Linux platform as fas as far
as the version has been embedde somewhere in the elf.
So fa, so good.
But do you now any method for a program running on a Linux platform to
extract the version of a Window compiled program ? And vice-versa ?
Al  I know about this is that the version is embedded somwhere into a
resource into the executable
Is it right if I assume that executable program signatures are
Windows: first two bytes of the file are "MZ".
Linux: first 4 bytes of the file are $7F'ELF'

Antonio