[Lazarus] TComboBox in csDropDown Mode Fails for Partial Match

Andrew Pearse apearse at abpc.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 03:36:47 CET 2013

Hi Lazarus People!

This is my first communication with the Lazarus community, so I'd like to
start by introducing myself and saying a big thank you to everyone else
involved. Lazarus is amazing on so many levels.

My business is about computers, software development and support. I have
been using Lazarus for application development for about a year now. I
switched over from Delphi which I had been using since 1995.

I look forward to hearing from you and if there is anything I can help you
with please let me know.

I have just documented a bug, see lazarus bugtracker ID 0025320. It's
basically that the operation of the combobox is incorrect under certain
conditions, where the text partially matches an item in the list.

I found similar problems with TDBLookupComboBox and I plan to report those
too.

Kind regards,

Andrew Pearse