[Lazarus] CopyFile in Windows

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Nov 11 18:14:37 CET 2013

Am 2013-11-11 18:05, schrieb Richard Mace:
> Hi,
> I am getting a compile error in Lazarus 1.0.12 FPC 2.6.2 running on Windows XP:
> Error: Wrong number of parameters specified for call to "CopyFile"When I am using the syntax
> CopyFile(SourceFile,DestFile);
> Both SourceFile and DestFile are strings.
> Any ideas, as as far as I can see, at least one of the "CopyFile"s only requires the 2 parameters?

Propably you have included the windows unit
which defines a CopyFile routine with 3 parameters:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363851%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

So either you remove the windows unit or, if not possible,
you need to fully qualify from which unit you want to call CopyFile (I don't know where it's defined).