[Lazarus] DateDif function needed

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Nov 14 14:14:10 CET 2013

On 11/14/2013 4:50 AM, Reimar Grabowski wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:34:36 +0100
> John Landmesser <JohnML at online.de> wrote:
>
>> What about Databases like mysql, Oracle, Firebird. I'm shure they have
>> such a function.
>
> For MySQL:
>
> DATEDIFF(expr1,expr2)
>
> DATEDIFF() returns expr1 – expr2 expressed as a value in days from one
> date to the other. expr1 and expr2 are date or date-and-time
> expressions. Only the date parts of the values are used in the
> calculation.

same thing as openOffice Calc... then, as i mention in my other post in this
thread, one has to figure out how to count the years and months which will use
either estimations (decimal fractions) or variants (actual numbers of days per
month and year)... the big decision is which one to use for whatever accuracy is
desired O:)