[Lazarus] Writing a Lazarus program with its own display, RFB?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Nov 19 10:53:18 CET 2013

On 11/19/2013 10:41 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 11/19/2013 01:30 AM, vfclists . wrote:
>>
>> I want to write a program to provide its own remote display without
>> an X Window server, ie the program has its own display which can be
>> connected to via VNC server.
> VNC server (in Linux) does provide an X server. So this should not be
> a problem of Lazarus, but of setting up the runtime environment
> appropriately.
Second thought:

You of course can do a program that opens a TCP/IP server socket and
uses the (supposedly decently documented) VNC protocol on same. I
understand this is rather easy if you just want to provide a rectangle
of pixels (independent from the program's GUI) and have it displayed by
the VNC client on a PC.

If you want to remote the GUI of the Program without a trace of an
X-Server (thus without using the VNC-Server product, but via a TCP/IP
socket of your program itself), this might be possible by enhancing the
"CustomDrawn" Widget Type appropriate. But supposedly this is a lot of
work to do.

-Michael