[Lazarus] Writing a Lazarus program with its own display, RFB?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 02:32:47 CET 2013

On 19 November 2013 00:30, vfclists . <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to write a program to provide its own remote display without an X
> Window server, ie the program has its own display which can be connected to
> via VNC server. There is a libvncserver/libvnclient project at
> http://libvncserver.sourceforge.net/ which enables one to do that, but I
> don't know where to start or even know who all the parts come together.
>
> My main questions are:
>
> 1. Is it possible to direct the output of a Lazarus LCL program into such
> a display system, or perhaps replace the parts where it interacts with X
> Windows to such a system.
>
> 2. If I am willing  go with X Windows is it possible to dedicate a single
> X Window to a program alone, without using an Desktop Manager or Window
> Manager and link it with VNC, as though it is the program alone that
> displays on that X Window?
>
> 3. Is there some place I can get some more information about this RFB
> system of display programs if that is the right term?
>
> --
> Frank Church=======================

Thanks for the suggestions. By editing out most of the lines in
~/.vnc/xstartup I have been able to make some progress

#!/bin/sh

# xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
# xsetroot -solid grey
# x-terminal-emulator -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP
Desktop" &
~/program/program  &
#x-window-manager &
# Fix to make GNOME work
#export XKL_XMODMAP_DISABLE=1
# /etc/X11/Xsession

I commented out everything except the command to run the program and I get
a shaded gray screen with my program, but without the headers and menu
which I suspect are placed there by the window manager.

I have also noticed  XTightvnc and its parameters in the process list and
it looks to me that they are key to getting the results I need.