[Lazarus] IDE problems - FIXED

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 10:02:41 CET 2013

brian wrote:

> Well, not surprisingly, the nuclear option worked. Rename .lazarus and
> my development directory, copy the .ini files and fpcup_linux_x64 into a
> new directory, and rebuild the whole thing. Bit of a nuisance having to
> set all my preferences again, but nothing like as bad as trying to debug
> with the previous setup.
>
> If anyone can figure out what happened, I for one would still be
> interested to hear it.

Run diff (e.g. kdiff3) on the old and new configuration files. Report back.

I think that what you didn't tell us is exactly how you are accessing
Lazarus: for example, I see a couple of minor issues when tunnelling X
over ssh that I don't see over VNC, and in the general case VNC has its
own problems and instabilities. Even if you're running locally (i.e.
using the machine's own screen/keyboard/mouse) the window manager (AKA
desktop) can influence things.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk