[Lazarus] How is XMLConfig supposed to work?

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 16:53:14 CET 2013

2013/11/27 Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>

>  Am 27.11.2013 16:30, schrieb Frederic Da Vitoria:
>
>  2013/11/27 leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id>
>
>> >From http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/xmlconf, looks like simply
>> setting
>> FileName will do.
>>

> Yes, that part works. I dislike the way it works (Implicit saving does not
> seem very Pascal-ish to me), but it does save a file. My issues are rather
> with the xml, but I'll rather answer to waldo kitty here
>
> TIniFile and TMemIniFile do an implicit save as well... (the former during
> each .Write* the latter during destruction)
>
> Regards,
> Sven

Yes. But my Pascal reference is Assign - Reset/Rewrite, Close. I still have
difficulties appending "File" after Assign and Close :-P Now that I think
of it, I never tried to do a new AssignFile after the Reset/Rewrite step,
but I would be much surprised if it flushed and closed the first file
handle. Anyhow, this is not a real problem as long as it is documented, and
the effect of changing the name is documented in the wiki.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org