[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 29 10:39:10 CET 2013

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 11/28/2013 04:39 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> These days it is very easy to make a very responsive web gui.
> "Responsiveness" (the program reacts to user input) is not the problem I
> meant to describe but the ability of the program to issue "state" messages
> spontaneously.

Given that the average user has a reaction time of 1 second, polling every second
is really not an issue.

It makes no sense to poll every 1/100 of a second if the eyes (let alone the brain)
of the user cannot follow.

And if you really, really, need speed: websockets are a standard part of browsers these days.

Michael.