[Lazarus] For QtLCL users - new feature, need testers

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sat Oct 12 16:38:21 CEST 2013

Hi all,
Today I've commited new feature of qt widgetset (r43218) - scrollable forms.
Now FCentralWidget isn't pure widget anymore but QAbstractScrollArea,
which provides scrollbars on forms for us.
IT'S DISABLED BY DEFAULT, so if you want to test and use scrollable
forms with qt widgetset you must enable QTSCROLLABLEFORMS define in
lcl/interfaces/qt/qtdefines.inc.
It will be merged to 1.99.

Known issues: When source autocomplete window is activated in source
editor QPainter asserts in console (but window is painted correctly).

What does not work (forms aren't scrollable)
1. FormStyle=fsMDIForm isn't scrollable form for LCL atm.
2. FormStyle=fsMDIChild isn't scrollable form atm.
3. QWidget_windowType(Widget) = QToolTip or QSplashScreen (that means
hints and splash screen aren't scrollable).

Please, if you find any problem when QTSCROLLABLEFORMS are enabled open
an issue about it so I can fix it before 1.2 release.

Thanks.

zeljko