[Lazarus] Added PascalScriptFCL.lpk and PascalScriptLCL.lpk in official repository of PascalScript

luiz americo pereira camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Tue Oct 1 23:14:33 CEST 2013

2013/10/1 luiz americo pereira camara <luizmed at oi.com.br>

> 2013/10/1 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>
>
>> On 01/10/2013 14:14, Martin wrote:
>>

>>> I looked at it. But currently, it looks like it may cause problems.
>>>
>>> Both packages share the same folders, that can lead to conflicts.
>>>

> []
>

>> I have added the fcl package. BUT
>>
>> - The normal package, is kept as it. One package that contains all, and
>> does not need the fcl package (in fact may have issues if both are used /
>> not tested)
>> - The fcl pacage as a separate unit directory. It can be used INSTEAD of
>> the normal package.
>

> Your worries are pertinents. I hit this problem sometimes.
>
> I haven't looked at this specific package but the best approach is to
> create a package that depends only from FCL and create a LCL package that
> uses the first one. Most of the time, this can be done without sharing
> source paths without much work.

I looked at the commited files and this configuration will cause problems
when installing both packages. Notice that is important to allow the
installation of the two packages, in the same IDE. In some projects (a
desktop) may be necessary to use the complete package while in others (a
web service) only the base package is necessary.

There are some solutions:

- Put source files of each package in separated folders. As an example see:
https://code.google.com/p/luipack/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fcairo . Each
package has it's own folder.

- Use the same folder for the source  and ensure that all files are added
to it's corresponding package. As an example see:
https://code.google.com/p/luipack/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fluicomponents.
Failing to setup properly the package may lead to problems. Recently i
fixed one in
https://code.google.com/p/luipack/source/detail?spec=svn1089&r=1079

- Use the same folder for the source but configure a different unit output
dir. Example
https://code.google.com/p/luipack/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fluidialogs

In all cited examples there's dependency between packages and it's working
fine.

Luiz