[Lazarus] Graeme would love this, or not, I think

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 09:44:15 CEST 2013

On 12/10/13 07:00, Dave Coventry wrote:

> Graeme will confirm that there is a lot of Microsoft-centric sentiment
> here and that open source is largely regarded with suspicion.

The "MS Office mandate" is what is really confusing me. The South
African government was always very pro to open source products and open
standards. eg: using ODT file format for official government documents.
The [Mark] Shuttleworth Foundation also did (or does - the last time I
checked) fantastic work in South Africa, promoting open source and free
alternatives like Ubuntu, Edubuntu, and setting up teaching centres etc.

But this behaviour is typical South African government. The one hand has
no idea what the other is doing!

Regards,
  Graeme