[Lazarus] Graeme would love this, or not, I think

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Oct 12 21:18:58 CEST 2013

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:36 AM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 05:28:33PM -0400, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
> > Another proof, that pascal is the language that makes sense.
>
> One could argue about language, but Delphi as RAD-IDE is definitely not a good
> choice. Students tend to overfocus on embellishing forms etc, and not spending
> their time on the more problem-solving oriented assignment.
>
> Probably because dolling up the UI is easier and gives
> instant-gratification.

we've been seeing this for what? 20 years, now? even m$ operates in the mind set of "a pretty interface trumps (unseen) sickness and disease" al la "yeah, i'd hit that unless someone tells me it has an STD... even then, i still might hit it" al la "we've redone the GUI to make it prettier but the seedy underworld of skiddies and hackers can still get in thru the same holes they've been using for the last decade" :lol: :angel_horns: