[Lazarus] For QtLCL users - new feature, need testers

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Oct 13 11:08:04 CEST 2013

On 10/13/2013 01:14 AM, Krzysztof wrote:
> I'm still dreaming about modular Qt :) . Now to deploy QtLCL application
> I need to provide all Qt libs (even webkit, but I don't use it). I'm
> working on project based on pure Qt 5.1, I needed to use C++ instead of
> FPC :/ . Those libs are amazing, not only GUI but for example
> QMultimedia, QNetwork and websockets. I'm wondering if exists any tool
> which can automatically convert Qt API headers into FPC. For example
> gtk3 headers for FPC are generated by some tool (don't remember the
> name). Was current Qt4Pas unit written manually line by line? My dream
> is to write pure Qt application (I'm not interested in LCL) using FPC
> for all platforms as I'm doing now with C++

Yes, there is actually tool which can create modular Qt libs, but it
needs a lot of time to create C bindings. Feel free to create it using
doxygen. From times of Kylix 3 Andreas Hausladen created QtC bindings by
using doxygen (which creates classes in xml) ,and then via small console
program he created libqtc and QtLibrary.pas.
Of course that was "all in one" library binding, but it can be separated
into various C bindings. I support your idea too, but Den Jean created
current bindings and he is working on that part, so maybe you should ask
him , or maybe we can provide to him some bounty to create separated qtc
bindings (libQt4Core -> libQt4PasCore,libQt4Gui -> libQt4PasGui,
libQt4Network -> libQt4PasNetwork etc etc).

zeljko