[Lazarus] WriteLn back to the GUI

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 13:12:53 CEST 2013

ListMember schrieb:

> I'd rather find the unit where WriteLn() procedure is defined and alter
> it once and recompile FPC/Lazarus.
>
> But, I just can't locate where WriteLn procedure is defined. I did a
> grep (equivalent in Windows) but came up with nothing usable.

The Write... procedures are compiler magic, that's why you couldn't find
the declarations.

A redirection should be possible by changing the Output variable, used
when no FILE is given in an Write statement. At least it's so in Delphi,
and there also existed instructions on how to write your own text file
handler (for redirecting output to whatever target).

DoDi