[Lazarus] Can't compile Lazarus on Linux Mint 15

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 08:58:40 CET 2013

On 28/10/2013 22:55, Sven Barth wrote:
> On 28.10.2013 18:54, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>>
>>> XLO/XLA has been documented in the buildfaq since 2.0.4 times.
>>> Basically it is a simple system for substitutions and prioritization
>>> on the
>>> combined list of $linklibs for systems with flat linker namespaces.
>>> (read:
>>> linux and *BSD)
>>
>> So: woe betide anybody who expects fpc -h to actually spit out all
>> available command line options... with however short a description.
>> Shame.
>
> It was already mentioned sometimes ago that the help output of FPC is
> maintained by hand and does not necessarily always contain all available
> options.

Thanks Sven. I understand and respect the "by hand" thing.

What I find more problematic is not having all available options listed.
The compiler itself is the natural, most logical place to have an
overview of all options, which can then be further explained in other
documentation.

If all possible options aren't there, where should people be looking for
a complete list?