[Lazarus] A manifest file X WMPaint event

Ademir Constantino ademir.uem at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 20:32:40 CEST 2013

Dear all

I have noted something strange when I try to use a WMPaint event with
Manifest File for Windows theme support.

For example, If create a descendent class from TEdit and I add this event:
procedure WMPaint  (var Message: TLMPaint); message LM_PAINT;

Even I do not write anything in this procedure, I can not see what is in
the Edit when it it not focused (it is not in editing mode). That is,
if I focus on another component, the content of the edit stays invisible
(disapeare).

But, if I disable the option  "Use manifest file to enable themes", then
it work fine. Is it a bug?

Thanks.

Ademir
.