[Lazarus] Can Lazarus IDE debugger attach to already running process?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 17:49:23 CEST 2013

Hi,

As the subject line says, can Lazarus IDE's debugger attach to a already
running process? The running process is a program compiler earlier with
Lazarus IDE. I know GDB [via CLI] can do this, but can you do it via the
Lazarus IDE, so I have "visual debugging"?

If one can, how do I do it?

Reason I ask:
In Delphi it is a common way to debug CGI applications. You define an
infinite loop in the CGI app. Execute the CGI app via the web browser.
The infinite loop then gives you a change to attach the Delphi debugger.
You then modify the variable of the infinite loop so it exits the loop.
You can then step through the CGI application like any normal GUI or
Console app. This is much easier than debugging with log files etc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/