[Lazarus] ide automaximizing on startup

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:10:23 CEST 2013

I'm playing with IDE docking for the first time and I have come across an
annoyance I haven't found a solution for yet.

I followed these instructions:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking#Docking_in_the_IDE

I installed the AnchorDockingDsgn package, set everything up the way I want
it, and saved it to a file. I start the application with the
--anchordocklayout= option (although it does the same thing if I just tell
it to save my layout as the default).

The problem I have is that when the IDE starts up, it starts up maximized.
This causes the layout to not be the same as I've saved it (things like the
component bar are way too big). So what I have to do, each time, is
unmaximize the program, then re-load my window layout from the file. This
is a pain.

Is there a way I can have the application start up not maximized? I looked
at the anchor docking layout file and don't see an option for it in the
default XML, anyway.

Thanks,

-SG

--