[Lazarus] Lazarus scattered windows

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Sep 2 17:44:08 CEST 2013

Am 2013-09-02 11:29, schrieb Martin:
 > So how exactly do you not see the other windows? Or more to the point: Why?

That's what I would like to know too.

 > - Was Lazarus minimized before, and only one Window (e.g. SourceEdit was restored)?

No. I am constantly switching between running programs with Alt+TAB.

 > - Were the windows hidden behind other apps, and are still (so they were not brought to foreground?

Yes. They still exist but are not visible in the Alt+TAB cycle because all these windows are just part of one application: Lazarus. I can switch to Lazarus but only get back one window (mostly the source editor).

 > About hidden windows:  Take note, which window was active before you switched away from the IDE. Is there a pattern?

The pattern is that I *only* get back the source editor. None of the other windows are visible (not even the main IDE). They are covered by other applications. If I minimize these other apps one by one I get the other windows back at some point.

 >> Is there any fix in sight about this?
 >> Why is it happening at all?
 > Depends on if it can be reproduced.

Yes, that seems to be the problem. It does not always happen. But when it happens it is very annoying.
It seems that very fast Alt+TAB directly after compiling makes it more likely to happen (just a guess).