[Lazarus] Incorrect configuration directory found

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 11:05:59 CEST 2013

On 07/09/2013 10:45, Martin wrote:
> On 07/09/2013 09:38, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> I'm getting the new Incorrect configuration directory found each time I
>> rebuild Lazarus trunk (Windows) (from inside Lazarus). I use a --pcp
>> switch in my desktop shortcut.
>>
>> "Additional information:
>> This configuration is at: c:\development\lazarussettings
>> It belongs to the Lazarus installation at:
>> C:|Development\lazarus\lazarus.exe
> "|" Typo?
Yes, sorry. Hadn't tried pressing ctrl-c on that dialog... ;)

>> The current IDE was started from: c:\development\lazarus\lazarus.exe"
> Only diff is case?
Yes, that seems to be the... uhmm... case ;)

> Problem is  I am not sure what windows does when accessing a remotely
> mounted filesystem, that is case sensitive.
Mmmm, does Windows even support that - case sensitivite file systems?

> Is the directory uppercase in reality or not?
Yes: C:\Development\lazarus\

AFAIU, Windows is case preserving but case insensitive but happy to be
corrected ;)

Thanks, Martin,
Reinier