[Lazarus] Help needed for issue #20311: IDE always tailors "Target processor" options for Intel CPUs

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 11:12:06 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> At least with the versions I've currently got available it looks as though
> -R and -Cf defer to -i. Specifically, I see something like this in all cases
> except x86:
>
>   -A<x>  Output format:
>       -Adefault  Use default assembler
>       -Aas       Assemble using GNU AS
>
>       -Cf<x>     Select fpu instruction set to use, see fpc -i for
> possible values
>

>   -R<x>  Assembler reading style:
>       -Rdefault  Use default assembler for target
>
> I think the -A output for SPARC Solaris might be different, but I can't
> easily test right now.

I didn't quite understand the relation between -A and -R. Should I
care about it?

> Output for -i from native 2.6.0 or 2.6.2, unless noted. Apologies if this is
> excessively noisy.

This was useful information, thanks.
Now only m68k and powerpc are missing.
I improved the selections in r42791. Please check out.

BTW, FPC help output for mips and mipsel list "mips2" twice.

Juha