[Lazarus] Project Group support in the IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 14:19:42 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-14 04:24, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> If I'm doing releases having to start lazarus, finding and opening the
> project, setting some config values, would all be far to many actions. I
> really prefer using makefiles or something similar.

To be honest... I find the Lazarus way of doing things - especially for
switching between debug and release builds pretty horrific. What I do is
use Lazarus for development (mostly) - thus debug builds. I then switch
to MSEide to do release builds. MSEide allows switching build modes much
easier, and guarantees that ALL units (including external frameworks,
components etc) involved in the project share the same compiler settings.

At the moment I'm not so concerned about release builds, but rather to
speed up the way I work with parts of a large project.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/