[Lazarus] Mac (or other BigEndian machine) users needed to test new Utf8StringOfChar code

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 12:00:57 CEST 2013

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Bart schrieb:
>
>>> Did you also test the simpler approach, replicating the pattern in one
>>> loop? It's independent of endianness, and can boil down to a single
>>> machine instruction (x86: REP MOVS).
>>
>> It would be repeating either 2,3, or 4-bytes each time.
>> How would you code that?
>
> I would not care.

I've missed part of this thread due to messages dropped at our gateway,
but am currently trying to check on SPARC Linux.

Bart, where's Utf8Length() imported from, of do you have your own
implementation that's newer than Lazarus 1.0 + FPC 2.6.0?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk