[Lazarus] Can Lazarus IDE debugger attach to already running process?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Sep 19 09:35:21 CEST 2013

On 19/09/2013 08:23, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 09/18/2013 05:54 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.2.0_release_notes#IDE_Changes
>> current 1.1 versions support attaching to a running process.
>
> The page also states that "remote debugging with gdbserver" is supported.
>
> Dis anybody get this running for a PC as desktop workstation and a
> ARM-Linux target ?
>
> (Some months ago we unsuccessfully tried to...)

Does gdb suppor asyncronous mode for this target?

e.g can you

  gdb -i mi

-exec-continue &

and while running
interrupt
?

You can always send me a log file.

Also check, please: on my tests, to run gdb asyncrounus in a gdbserver,
the -exec-run (or r) command was NOT used (would not work) but
-exec-continue was used.

Is that the case for your target too?

I have no arm, I can not test.