[Lazarus] TControl.EndDrag is missing

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 15:43:12 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> Last time I tested drag-n-drop [end of 2012 if I remember correctly],
> and followed some Delphi tutorials (even official Delphi ones), LCL's
> DND was still badly broken [especially on nested components]. I would go
> out on a limb and say that nobody has ported DND based apps to LCL.

In some components / widgetsets DND works OK, at least when DragMode =
mdAutomatic.
I was able to make a GUI for component palette reordering in Lazarus.
There items can be dragged and dropped inside a ListBox and from a
ListView to a ListBox.
Build Lazarus trunk with "EnableComponentPaletteOptions" to test it.

It means the functionality for Drag-n-Drop is there.
BeginDrag / EndDrag is a coupled pair, I was surprised that only the
other one is missing.
It may be a small thing to fix. Maybe I will find time to look at it.

DoDi, docking is a different and more complex issue.

Regards,
Juha