[Lazarus] Can Lazarus IDE debugger attach to already running process?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 21:46:31 CEST 2013

On 27/09/13 19:33, Martin wrote:

> Can you send me a log for this?  You use debug info in the exe, not
> external?

Yes, debug and line info information is enabled and debug information is
inside the executable (not external).

See attached screenshot and archive containing the GDB debug output. I
tried to see the values of 4 variables before I terminated the CGI app.

> Though if it can find the line info, then it should also have the info
> about variables.
> What does the thread window show?

As I said, the breakpoint after the Sleep() call gets trigger. At that
point I can step through the code using Lazarus, but I can't query the
values of any variables (local or not).

> If you start the cgi from within lazarus can you see any variables? (as
> far as it gets, before it fails due to missing environment.)

Yes I can.

Regards,
  Graeme