[Lazarus] Lazarus debugger not working

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Sep 28 21:37:31 CEST 2013

On 28/09/2013 20:22, MichaelaBarb wrote:
> When trying to open the path, it says "The file usr/bin/gdb does not exist".
> So i guess for some reason the Lazarus installer forgot to provide a
> debugger ?

The lazarus installer does not provide gdb (except on windows). On all
other OS gdb is pat of the OS install, the Package system of the
distribution or on Mac the XCode.

I dont work on Mac, so I cant test the current situation. I can only
relay what I know from others.

One think though, IIRC someone told me Apple was moving from gdb to
another debugger. If they did, and IF (I have absolutely no idea) that
means they dropped gdb (very wild speculation / no idea)), then maybe an
older version of xcode will still have it.