[Lazarus] Always On Top (Linux) ZVDatetimeCtrls doesn't show up(Bug?)

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Mon Apr 14 07:18:32 CEST 2014

Hi all,

A minor issue in Linux.

In linux, we have this privileged to keep a certain application window on top of any window by right-clicking the top bar and click Always On Top from the context menu.
Now I have this date/time control, I am using the date time picker from the package: ZVDatetimeCtrls. When I enable the window Always On Top', the date picker no longer pops-up because it was behind the application window(being always on top).

Using ZVDatetimeCtrls 1.4. Not using the latest trunk for it was still the same version 1.4.

It is easy to test this in your Linux, put a datetime picker from ZVDatetimeCtrls in your form and run, then enable / disable Always On Top.

Regards,
Allan