[Lazarus] [Ann] Visual components

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Fri Apr 25 22:52:42 CEST 2014

Hello,

I would like to share my visual components which I finished recently.
They are written from scratch for Lazarus, no Delphi port. Based on Themes.

Before you install, you need to do a small modification in control.pp (see my feature request 26048)
<A href="http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26048">http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26048</A>
You have to do two methods virtual:
procedure GetSpaceAround(var SpaceAround: TRect); virtual;
function GetSpace(Kind: TAnchorKind): Integer; virtual;
They are somewhere around line 723. You can do it with trunk or with 1.2, both works.
They will do proper right-side-anchoring and package doesn't compile without it.

You can download package from here:
<A href="https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3uwx3yjl922ir/Documents">https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3uwx3yjl922ir/Documents</A>
There are also two demos attached. Package also comes with *.xml docs which you can convert to *.html help with attached script.

Before I will do announcement on forum, I have several proposals (or requests):
1) accepting the feature 26048 - above
2) test in Carbon. This is what I cannot do myself and I cannot repair issues myself as well, since I have not this platform.
3) consider if Lazarus-CCR wouldn't be better place for this package.

I tested components with Lazarus 1.3/Qt4/fpc 2.7.1, Lazarus 1.3/GTK2/fpc 2.7.1 and Lazarus 1.2.0/Win32/fpc 2.6.4 (Wine).

I'm glad I publish package today, because - coincidently - I have birthday today.

I'd like to read your opinion.

Vojtěch a.k.a. Blaazen