[Lazarus] Remote debugger looses connection to target on Windows 7

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Apr 10 15:14:07 CEST 2014

On 04/09/2014 06:27 PM, Bernd Mueller wrote:

> I stepped through the program until the problem occurred and hit then
> pause. As far as I could see, nothing happened. Then I hit stop.

I once was told that with using gdbserver, "Pause" (while not hitting a
breakpoint) is not possible.

That is why I found that using ssh to remote-control "normal" gdb on the
target (instead of locally controlling gdb and having it connect to
gdbserver on the target) would be more appropriate.

Moreover I found that, with an embedded target, finding or creating a
normal gdb might be a lot easier that finding or creating the "cross
gdb" (running on PC but understanding the Target's files) plus the
gdbserver for the target.

I found that - at that time - the code for ssh'ing gdb was present in
the Lazarus source but was commented out (supposedly because it's not
yet ready for use).

-Michael