[Lazarus] startlazarus crash in Ubuntu 14:04

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Apr 23 17:56:52 CEST 2014

On 04/23/2014 10:14 AM, FreeMan wrote:
>> His problem is with 32 bit. I guess it's because of libpixman which
>> crashes if it isn't compiled with -mstackrealign.We, lazarus
>> developers cannot do anything about this problem.
> Is this mean problem on just Ubuntu 14.04 - 32 bits gtk 2 ?

That means: any 32bit gtk2 application created by fpc compiler will
crash on any distro which realigns stack (eg sse2/sse3) inside library.
Currently libpixman.so is critical (but tomorrow any C lib can be
critical), so such lib should be rebuilt with -mstackrealign passed to
gcc or fpc devels should make some magic to avoid such problem.Maybe it
will be good to open issue at fpc bugtracker about this.

> second question if any application created other platform and
> crosscompiled to linux 32bit, and this application has crash on Ubuntu
> 14.04 - 32 bits gtk 2

Yes if we have above scenario. If you rebuild libpixman by yourself
(with -mstackrealign passed to gcc) then it won't crash.

There is already story about that problem:

zeljko