[Lazarus] "TGDBMIDebuggerInstruction: "-file-exec-and-symbols ", "

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Apr 23 20:57:58 CEST 2014

On 23/04/2014 19:29, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>> On 18/04/2014 23:48, Martin Frb wrote:
>>
>> On 18/04/2014 17:09, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>>
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#gdb.exe_has_stopped_working
>> in the field "debugger_startup_options" enter: --eval-command="set
>> auto-solib-add off"
>>
>> But I have no idea if that is going to change anything.
>>
>> This worked, thank you!
>>

>> Since this "fixes" a variety of gdb issues, I added an option
>> "DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries" True/False.
>>
>> This is in trunk, and 1.2.3 (will be is 1.2.4)
>>

>> BTW completely forgot, there also is
>>
>> WarnOnInternalError Default true. If set to False, internal errors by gdb
>> will be ignored by the IDE. Yet that does not change, that gdb did have an
>> internal error, and that debugging may report incorrect data, or dis-behave
>> in anyway. Neither will it prevent follow up error. It simple skips
>> informing the user, yet fixes nothing. Leave on true, unless you get
>> repeatedly the same internal error, and have tested well, that it does not
>> affect you. (Then the warning dialog would be annoying, and you may want to
>> skip it)
>>

>> Which together with "Reset debugger after each run" would have done as well.
>>
>> But would have the side effect of hiding potential other warnings, leaving
>> you unaware of problems.
> For me "Reset debugger after each run" is enough. But what are the
> disadvantages to use this option?
> Sorry my late, I was traveling.

Starting the debugger my take  a bit longer (may be less than a second,
may be 2 or 3 secs).

Well, the first time, you debug, all is the same. No change.

But normally the IDE keeps using the running gdb, so it does not need to
start a new instance of gdb. (Also saves sending a few initialization
commands.) "Reset debugger" simply means, to close gdb, and start a new
GDB. (Also create a new instance of the controller class in the IDE, but
that is minor).