[Lazarus] Obtaining uptime

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 6 22:14:10 CEST 2014

On 06.08.2014 21:15, Richard Mace wrote:
> Hi Sven,
> I'm amazed! Sure enough, if I choose "restart" the uptime reads 0 days,
> and yet, shutdown doesn't actually shut it down!

Yes, Windows only shuts down the user session till only the bare core of
the OS is remaining and then goes to hibernate. This allows for a much
faster resume than full shutdown. So they say... ;)

Here is a link which explains how to achieve a full shut down:
http://www.howtohaven.com/system/how-to-shutdown-windows-8.shtml (after
the section title "How to Really Shut Down Windows 8")

Regards,
Sven